- Long press on the back button to quickly access any page in your tab history
- Share a web page via Messages
- See your search term right in the omnibox, instead of the search query URL
- Easily refine your search queries and view more results on the search results page
The update rolled out in the App Store over the last three days, but none of us iOS users have been able to use the app since. The Chrome app crashes within seconds of launching.
Well I thought that it happened for everyone, but it is just the Jailbroken iOS devices that have this problem.
This happens on all Jailbroken iOS device types; whether your device is a jailbroken iPod Touch, iPad or iPhone. Hopefully Google will resolve this and hopefully Apple will quickly approve the fixed product and get it in the AppStore quickly.
But until they do, you must do the following to allow Chrome to work again.
- Uninstall the Chrome app
- Download the Chrome app
- Launch the Chrome app
- Check the box to agree to "send automatic usage reports and crash reports" to Google
- Click accept and continue button
Why would Google force Jailbroken devices to send this information? Are they interested in the browsing habits of Jailbreak users or are they able to gather other information via the crash report like what is on your device? This is very curious.