Streaming music service Spotify
, which gained a loyal following in Europe before debuting in the United States last July, has launched its highly-anticipated iPad app. Spotify's app arrives in the form of an universal free app, but like the iPhone version a Premium subscription is required for mobile access after a brief trial period.
"Today we’re extremely proud to present our native iPad app in all its green-hued glory."
- Retina graphics for iPad - dazzling display, razor sharp images, richer colors
- Even easier to browse and explore Spotify’s entire 18 million* song catalogue
- New ‘Now Playing’ full-screen view with high-definition cover art
- Search for playlists, users and music - all from the same view
- Check out what's hot and find trending playlists & songs amongst your friends
- Inbox grouped by user for easy searching
- Gapless playback and crossfade
- AirPlay integration
Spotify Premium is available through the app
as a free 48-hour trial, with users able to extend the trial to 30 days by signing up through Spotify's website. Continued Premium service is priced at $9.99 per month.
Download the Spotify
app from the AppStore.
offers a free music streaming service with 40 hours listening, periodic ads and the ability to create 100 stations. It allows you to upgrade to an ad free plan called Pandora One with a low cost annual fee.
Share this post and/or site with someone you know whom has an IPad or iPhone.
Carl W. Brooks