What about users that have a drawer full of old 2GB or 4GB Compact Flash cards?
The CF Card Reader for iPad is $29.90 USD, which is the same price as Apple’s official Camera Connection Kit, and comes with a built-in USB reader that can also transfer video and photographs from any thumb drive. If you’re looking to supplement your iPad with another photography-minded dongle, this looks like a good buy.
Exclusive CF Card Reader for iPad 2! It's a compulsory accessory for all DSLR users with iPAD. It comes 2-in-1: Compact Flash Card and USB, backward compatible with iPad, supports up to 400X speed.
The CF Card reader supports photo and video import even Canon EOS 5D Mark II but it's a pity that the iPad built-in video player can't playback the video encode from 5D Mark II . You may have to download 3rd party apps to play them in your iPad.
iPad Supported Video Format:
* H.264 video (up to 720p, 30 frames per second; main profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats)
* MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
* Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
* Supports transfer photos / videos from iPhone 4 to iPad
via the USB interface on the card reader
* Some keyboards may work by plugging into the USB interface
on the card reader (depends on your keyboard voltage)
Ships April 20~30, see more info for details.
USD$29.90 tax incl.
By Carl W. Brooks