Download the ten billionth app and you could win a US $10,000 iTunes Gift Card.
Visit the App Store
OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility. The 10 Billion Apps Countdown Promotion (the "Promotion") is open only to entrants who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry, and a legal resident of a participating App Store country, please see App Store front page in your country for details. Entrants under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must obtain a parent's or legal guardian's consent before participating, and by participating represent that they have done so. Entrants must enter the Promotion through the App Store accessible in your country of residence or through Apple.com. There is one Promotion, and the Rules in your country of residence govern your participation in the Promotion. Entries are limited to individual consumers only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents of Apple Inc., and its subsidiaries, affiliates, resellers, or advertising or promotional agencies and members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Promotion is Apple Inc., 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, CA 95014 ("Sponsor"). All questions regarding this Promotion should be directed by email to email@example.com.
- Timing. The Promotion shall begin on January 6, 2011 and ends with the downloading of the 10 billionth app ("Promotion Period"). For purposes of the Promotion, the downloading of the 10 billionth app is considered to be either the downloading of the 10 billionth app from the App Store or the receipt of the non-purchase entry after the download of the 9,999,999,999th app, whichever comes first. Only entries submitted in this time period will be accepted. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this promotion.
- How to Enter. There are two ways to enter the Promotion:
- You will automatically be entered into the Promotion by downloading an app from the App Store.
- Non-purchase method: Go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/10-billion-app-countdown/entry-form/ fully complete an online entry, including your name, complete mailing address (P.O. Boxes not acceptable), telephone number, and birth date. Once your online entry is complete, hit the "Submit" button to submit an entry. Entry via this method constitutes one (1) entry into the Promotion.
Limit: Regardless of which method of entry is used to enter the Promotion, only twenty-five (25) entries per person and/or iTunes account and/or email address, per day will be granted. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of the entry limitations is prohibited. Only entries received during the Promotion Period will be accepted. The authorized iTunes account holder will be deemed to be the entrant for entries via app download. The authorized account holder of the email address used on the online form to enter will be deemed to be the entrant for entries via the online entry form. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to show proof that they are the authorized account holder or the entrant.
- Sweepstakes. Sponsor is the sole judging organization whose decisions as to the operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The prize will be awarded for the entry (either through an app download or through the non-purchase online entry) sent immediately following the download of the 9,999,999,999th app. The potential winner will be determined by the order of the entries received. In the event that more than one entrant would be a winner based on the simultaneous timing of entries, one entrant will be randomly selected from those entrants as the winner. Each entrant's chances of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
Verification of Potential Winners. To win a prize, the potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and the terms and conditions of the App Store. The potential winner will be notified by email or telephone call within approximately three (3) days following selection of each winner. In order to claim a prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/ Liability & Publicity Release ("Affirmation") within forty-eight (48) hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent. If winner is a minor (under 18, or under 19 in Alabama and Nebraska), prize will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documents. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affirmation within the specified time period, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize.
In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes. One (1) winner will receive one (1) US $10,000 iTunes Gift Card. Total US Retail Value of all prizes is $10,000.00.
- Limitations of Prizes. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to any prize. No cash or other substitution is permitted, except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize is nontransferable, unless otherwise specifically approved by Sponsor in writing. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. The color and exact specifications of prizes will be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Except as specifically included in the prize description, the winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- Release. By receipt of any Sweepstakes prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- Publicity. The winner agrees to allow Sponsor to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law.
- Conditions of Participation. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with Sponsor's web site, iTunes, the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE OR INTERNET LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ENTRANT'S OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS IN THE PROMOTION.
- Governing Law. These Rules and this Promotion are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Santa Clara County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and the federal courts located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Promotion. This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited.
- Winner's List. The winner will be listed online at http://www.apple.com/itunes/10-billion-app-countdown/ within approximately ten (10) days following the end of the Promotion Period. Individuals may request the name of the winner by submitting a self-addressed, stamped envelope before April 30, 2011 to: iTunes 10 Billion Apps Countdown Promotion, 1 Infinite Loop, MS: 65CB, Cupertino, California, 95014, United States.