Limera1n is a tool released to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iOS 3.2.2 on iPad. It is now available for download and also jailbreaks iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1, iPod touch 3G on iOS 4.1. To date, Limera1n is the only jailbreak tool available which can jailbreak 4th Gen iDevices including iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G, iPad and Apple TV 2.
To install Limera1n jailbreak all you need is the download of Limera1n and an iPad running iOS 3.2.2. To jailbreak your iPad you can simply follow the complete step by step guide given below to jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 iOS for windows. Limera1n is currently available for Windows only. Mac and Linux version are expected to be released soon.
How to Jailbreak iOS 3.2.2 iPad using Limera1n for Windows
- Open the application and click on the prompt "make it ra1n"
- Now wait for the device to enter recovery mode. Hold "Home" + "Power" buttons together.
- You will get a prompt to release power button. Now release the "Power" button. Your device will now enter DFU mode.
- As limera1n performs its exploit you will see the image of a lime raindrop on your iPad and once it complete it will show following window.
- Now, you will notice a limera1n icon on the SpringBoard. Press it to continue.
- After Limera1n opens select Cydia and then press the Install button at the top right of the screen.
- Once the Cydia installation is complete, reboot your iPad.
Now, your iPad 3.2.2 is successfully jailbroken with limera1n. You can also jailbreak iPhone 4/ 3GS andiPod Touch 4G / 3G with Limera1n. Greenpois0n is delayed due to Limera1n jailbreak, but hackers are saying they will release it soon with the Limera1n exploit. Stay tuned or you can join us on twitteror facebook for latest and immediate updates.
From: "Winter's Ice" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 1:50 PM
Subject: [iPad] jailbreaking a new iPad
> Just got a brand new iPad for christmas, it has sys 3.2.2 on it. where
> is the jailbreak software for this.